Tour of the Harbour Terminals
Nantes Saint-Nazaire is France’s 4th most important port, and number one on the Atlantic coast. It plays a major economic role for Saint-Nazaire and the region, connecting it to the global economy. More than 2,600 ships call every year at the terminals of the Port Authority.
The guided tours leave by bus from the submarine bunker. They take you along the harbour installations that dot the Loire estuary, from the harbour basins in Saint-Nazaire to the oil refinery in Donges.
In July and August, you can also see the terminals by boat, with the two-hour cruises along the coast and on the Estuary.
Linked to 400 ports all over the world
You discover a series of impressive terminals (containers, LNG, agri-bulk, Ro-Ro…) over several kilometres along the Loire river. These terminals are important platforms not only for the regional economy, but also for everyday life, with the import of energy (natural gas, coal, crude oil…) or the transport by containers of just about everything from household appliances to all kinds of groceries.
Regular shipping lines link Nantes Saint-Nazaire Port to 400 ports all over the world. Visiting the terminals and seeing ships from all over the world, is a way of sharing all these travels and destinations.
|The guided tour of the harbour terminals has obtained the national quality award “Qualité Tourisme”.|
Prepare your tour of the harbour terminals
- Departure by bus from the submarine base, Saint-Nazaire, Ville-Port, boulevard de la Légion d’Honneur. Carparks nearby.
- Public transport : the nearest bus stops are rue de la Paix + 7 minutes’ walk, HélYce line (every day); Ruban Bleu + 4 minutes’ walk; U2 and U4 lines (from Monday to Saturday).
- See the dates in the online ticket office.
|Full||Reduced*||Children age 4-17
|Visit||16 €||14 €||8 €|
*Reduced price (ID required): students, unemployed, disabled persons and accompanying person.
- Guided tour, 2 hours.
- The tours are in French.
- See special conditions for groups.
- The tour is not accessible to disabled visitors.
- Photographing and filming are strictly forbidden during the tour.
- Compulsory booking procedure:
- ID details (name, nationality, date and place of birth) are required for each visitor
- Passport is required for the visit.