A city by the sea… seen from the sea
Have you taken a close look at Saint-Nazaire’s geographical situation? The Loire estuary on one side, the Atlantic ocean on the other… this is truly a city by the sea. Our two-hour cruises, which are on offer from June to September, make you understand Saint-Nazaire’s identity as a maritime city and its special relationship with the sea.
The ideal summer outing
The cruises are definitely a must when you come to Saint-Nazaire in the summer !
- There could hardly be a nicer way to spend two hours than on a ship sailing along the coast, along beaches and cliffs…
- How often do you have a chance to sail underneath a huge bridge like the one that spans the Loire estuary?
- Photographers will have a field day with all those beaches, coves, cliffs, sailing boats, lighthouses, harbour terminals…
Don’t forget sunglasses, a cap and your camera for your trip! The two-hour cruises take place on ships seating approximately 150 passengers. They are accompanied by professional guides. Please note that comments are in French. According to the tide and the weather, tours can vary slightly.
Three cruises to choose from
The “Saint-Nazaire sur mer” trip takes you along the beaches and cliffs which make the coast in Saint-Nazaire so attractive. The ship sails past small coves, rocks and cliffs, open sandy beaches… and gives unhindered views of a largely unspoilt and wooded coast. After having turned round, the ship sails upstream on the Loire River, passing in front of the shipyard and some of the impressive harbour terminals, and also underneath the Saint-Nazaire bridge. A great moment!
The “aperitive cruise” : musicians and a drink for a very special atmosphere. Guided cruises during 1h30. Commentaries in French. Booking required.
For the nocturnal cruise, “La Route des phares” (“The lighthouse route”) you sail out of the harbour at sunset, and you enjoy a magical two hours on the water while little by little, lighthouses, beacons and other signal lights can be seen all around.
Plan your cruise
Cruises leave from quai de Kribi, just outside the heritage museum Ecomusée, avenue de Saint-Hubert. Car parks nearby.
Public transport. – The nearest bus stops are rue de la Paix + 20 minutes walk, Hélyce line (every day) ; Petit Maroc + 8 minutes walk, U4 line (from Monday to Saturday).
Cruise calendar for 2018 :
- “Côte d’Amour” : from July 10 to August 29, every Tuesday and Wednesday at 2 PM.
- “Saint-Nazaire sur mer” : from July 10 to August 29, every Tuesday and Wednesday at 4.30 PM.
- Nocturnal cruise “La Route des Phares” : on Wednesdays July18 at 10.15 PM, July 25 at 10 PM, August 8 at 9.45 PM and August 15 at 9.30PM.
Cruise calendar for 2019 coming soon.
Please meet at quai de Kribi at least 15 minutes before departure time.
|Full||Reduced*||Children age 4-17|
|24 €||22 €||12 €|
|* Reduced price (ID required): students, unemployed, disabled persons and accompanying person.|
Two-hour cruises with commentaries in French.
Cruises are unfortunately not accessible to wheelchair users.
Please note: cruises may be cancelled in case of bad weather conditions.
See conditions for groups.